[Bringing You Quality Videogames for over 75 Years][Dejobaan Games Blog][About Dejobaan Games]

 
 

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I Fly on a Jellyfish -- Prototype Song and Saturday Morning Cartoon


I fly on a Jellyfish
And your hopes and dreams are with me

Cause it's high time I departed sun-
light that shone on our virginal days

Sky high flies a Jellyfish
Won't you seek our past beside me?

The years have come between us
And the Golden Age of Sailing.

| We'll dig our way back to the surface
| Sun by sun.
|
| Everything's different
| If I defy the journey onward

Have you ever cast your gaze
down and seen the constellations?

Below our feet's been earth enough;
jump skyward to Creation.

> In my visor you can see
> Your face reflected astrally, so
>
> While your hands are sturdy take
> ahold of our futurity.

| We climbed our way beyond beginnings
| One by one.
|
| Everything is different for
| we had made the journey onward

My skies were a Jellyfish
Where your hopes and dreams had brought me

The years have run beyond my own.
Leaving you this Age of Sailing.

> In my memoirs you can see
> Your future written peacefully.
> Resume this story past my years
> And make the skies my elegy.
This was a song for a game we'd prototyped called I Fly on a Jellyfish, a year or so back. It was meant to have the whimsy (and, well, shallowness) of a Saturday morning cartoon. Can you see the title sequence, followed by an ad for Cabbage Patch Kids? How about My Little Pony?

Check out the full (rough, rough, rough) version of the actual song here (MP3).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home






 
 

Copyright ©1999-2009 by Dejobaan Games, LLC