[Bringing You Quality Videogames for over 75 Years][Dejobaan Games Blog][About Dejobaan Games]

 
 

Friday, June 26, 2009

"Gnoupi" Writes in About Sexy Ads

"I tried the alpha demo from AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!, and i love it :P
Though it could eventually use more sounds (wooshing, screams, etc), but that's ok anyway.

One point though is keeping me from playing more and buying eventually, is the advertisement in game.

I mean, i read : http://www.gamersdailynews.com/blog-105-How-Much-Sex-Can-You-Cram-Into-Your-Video-Game.html. I get the critic, and the extrapolating on "you will buy whatever we tell you too", just because showing sexy girls. It's fun to extrapolate on that, and display it on what "future" would have as huge ad screens.

But my concern is, even if satire is obvious, it could be nice to have a choice in options between this, and regular ads/display/whatever on walls. Why? Well, for starters, our society kinda throw up such kind of ads on us all day long, would be nice to not have it again in a game.

Other possible reasons, even if irony is clear, not everyone will appreciate that.
And to finish, have a thought that not all guys are single, and some, like me, would like to play this nice fun game without having remarks or argue from their girlfriend about this kind of display :P

(Yes, my girlfriend is a gamer too, and quite against all that system believing that all gamers are guys wanting to see half naked girls (so am i, btw, but that's another topic). So would it be possible to have at least a possibility to play this game which shouldn't even normally include any kind of "sexy", without this kind of ads ?
It would be really appreciated ;)"
This is what we're contemplating now. Are the ironic, "sexy" ads too much?

9 Comments:

  • I don't mind the "sexy" ironic ads, though I don't have enough time to fully appreciate them since I am plunging!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 26, 2009 at 3:03 PM  

  • Perhaps the ads could be disabled by way of a humurous item that's available to you from the start. "Communism goggles" perhaps?

    By Blogger jack, At June 27, 2009 at 3:02 PM  

  • I don't mind them. They're not particularly funny though, and they don't really add much to the game. I'd rabidly defend them if they were really chuckle-worthy, but your satire is a bit weak.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 27, 2009 at 5:54 PM  

  • I thought the ads were perfect. Already feeling like I'm in a futuristic virtual reality zone. I'd expect ads, and having them obviously fake and joking gives me a laugh as I look around before attempting my jump. Not all are super funny, but they do get a chuckle and others are good enough to use to tell friends about the game for.

    By Blogger Unknown, At June 28, 2009 at 3:46 AM  

  • I mostly agree with Fox_Dude. Maybe you could add a couple close-ups of male models as well, instead of just cropped female pictures? Future advertisers might want to market to women as well, after all.

    By Blogger Unknown, At June 28, 2009 at 11:31 PM  

  • I agree completely with Gnoupi. I see such ads in real life during all day long, I am tired of them, in game I wanna rest from reality, and I definitely don't want there such ads. Please, give option do disable them!

    By Blogger HippityHop, At July 5, 2009 at 4:38 AM  

  • I think the ads are great -- they're the cherries in the fruit-cocktail of ultra-modern excess that this game represents.

    I suggest you keep them in and add the option to replace them with pictures of dolphins for anyone with whom this doesn't really resonate.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At July 8, 2009 at 11:05 PM  

  • Gnoupi isn't making any sense. Like all the of in-game ads, they fit the overall tone perfectly. I don't think anyone needs them to be laugh out loud funny. That said, the thought that these ads "go too far" is pretty laughable. This isn't a God of War mini-game here, folks. These ads are bland as hell. If Gnoupi has a girlfriend uptight enough to get into an argument with him for falling past these things at 200mph then I feel bad for him, but don't take it out on the rest of us. Man, people take offense to everything. Anyone offended by the "no, means no." option? Better rephrase it. Using teeth to unlock things? My word that's a little violent, better replace it with marshmallows. Here's something to ponder: I buy and play indie games to get away from the tired crap that you have to deal with in mainstream games. If anything the ads should be more outrageous since you don't have to worry about getting this game shelved at Gamestop. Billboards with full nudity, shocking acts, etc. would actually work better because then you would have to actually weigh the consequences of sneaking a peek vs falling to your doom.

    By Blogger Roger J, At July 26, 2009 at 4:01 AM  

  • My concern was about the abuse of "partial" nudity in games in general, the "girlfriend case" was only an addition, not the main cause.

    Not every guy enjoys having continuous displays of half naked girls in their games. I mean, I understand the concern of video game firms to attract the teenage boy (former main target) to play their game with the abuse of nakedness and ridiculous stereotypes, over and over again.
    Yay, let's make all guys like dirty war heroes, and all girls like walking breasts in bikini armors.

    But the main target changed, people grew up, and maybe, just maybe they'd like to play games which are fun without an overdose of such abuses.

    It's just tiring. It's already tiring to see in games in which you actually have characters, but in this Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa game, it's just completely unnecessary.


    But of course, what am I even debating about, or why Dejobaan even put my mail here.
    Easy to decide, just ask : "Want boobs, boys ?"
    You'll get a massive "yeaaaaaaaaah", and Dan is obviously agreeing with that.

    Nothing else to say, put what the hell you want in your game.
    Here's an idea, why don't you put huge decolletage to jump in, instead of a flat round platform ? Flat round platform is boring, put your "original" ideas to the max, make boys land in a decolletage : more points if you land between the breasts !

    Yeah, that should please everyone, let's push the "codes" farther !



    ...

    By Blogger Unknown, At July 31, 2009 at 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home






 
 

Copyright ©1999-2009 by Dejobaan Games, LLC